COLUMBUS ROCKS! :D I'm back from OBS CAMP! :D
Finally it is all over! (: & didn't think of I am able to make it through. *cheers for me!* This will be a very looooooooooooong post,be prepared. It is just part of my memories. I do not want to forget. I am not concern if anyone reads it,or even no one. Hehe!
Day 1
It all began with us setting off to Pulau Ubin @ 8plus in the morning. Reached the campsite & were separated into groups. Columbus,was my wonderful & enjoyable group! With a great instructor called Hairi. *Grins*
Had briefing. With introduction of ourselves in the group.
Learnt to pitch tents & rock climbing followed up next. First time I'm having rock climbing. :O Hah,because during primary 5 camp,it was raining thus cancelled. First time experience. Or should I say,in fact in this OBS camp,all activities were my FIRST time.
I had difficulty climbing up initially. My hand just slipped off very easily. :/ After the first step,it went on smoothly. Hohoho! 8D Dinner were next,with Hairi teaching us how to cook with solid fuels & colgate. That is when the group members hit off well,I think.
Day 2
Had to trek off to somewhere else for a 3D2N camp. Trekked 1.5km to campsite 1. (The more luxury campsite. xD) Along the journey,I was feeding the mosquitoes apparently. ROARS. I so abhor it. Some high-element climbing(?) erm,whereby you have to climb up to walk on logs/strings. Gorgeous,that sounds ... scary isn't it? Hah,I was thinking omgomg,how to do?
I climbed up,with anticipation. HAHA! Was like super high eh. :? Half way walking,I tried to look down & I was like OMYSKYYY! It is better not to look down. :) Haha! & also the time when I went crazy with Eileen,Serene & Jasmine. I was telling them,you sure today is ONLY day 2?! Am I dreaming? PLease tell me.
We were crazy imagining having Mac,KFC,satay,roti prate,coke etc etc! XD!!!
Was taught how to peddle for kayaking. & I don't really get it for I was getting sleepy. Everyone were. Supposing to try out how to capsize in the sea,however,due to the bad weather,we did not try it out.
Dinner was settled in a 'canteen'. It served great food with marvellous drinks. (Of course lahh! Standard food leh! With no more tap water! :P)
Day 3
Spent the whole day kayaking. My group made it such that we paired up as one girl one boy.
ChangFu & Serene (The-known-to-be-husband-wife)
Issac & Eileen
Matthern & Me
Mark & Jasmine
Kayaked for 9 hours! Around there. 9.15am to 6 plus pm. Capsized drill were to be made in the middle of the sea. What's more when I don't know how to swim. & my group was one of the first to capsize. Drifting towards the rocks,it was dangerous,we were saved up onto security boat. Ah,paiseh ah,not knowing how to swim,I dare not let go of the kayak. :X
On the security boat,it was wow! Can sleep in it. Heh,with wind blowing. Until my hair & shirt is almost dry.
Oh,there were many jellyfish in the big big sea.
Peddling for hours initially Serene's group was like way behind Issac's & my group. Simply because we didnt hear Serene's voice. When out of the blue,we heard Serene's voice! That's when we began to rush. Towards the end,we were near Changi Airport. Get to see many aeroplane landing(soon).
Serene,being a crazy fans of Yan Ya Lun,was so enthusiastic & excited. Seeing aeroplane,makes her peddle even faster cannN! So whenever she & ChangFu saw aeroplanes,they'd go very HIGH & peddle hard,trying to chase the aeroplane. HAHAHA!
Weather turns bad. It begun raining with strong winds & waves. I was so afraid that the water flowing into the kayak might make us drown. )': Superby dead beat,I feel like stop peddling. ): Some kayaks were almost drown due to the strong waves,water flowing in. :O!
Reaching another campsite,was much relieved. Felt that the island was floating. Ahh,seasick? Not drinking enough water? Too tired? Horrible! The feeling!
Toilets were like a mile distance! With brown coloured water flowing out the tap. DISGUSTED.
Day 4
Trekking...
Trekked from horrible campsite to campsite 2(main). From about 10am to 5 plus in the late afternoon. With checkpoints in between. Going to the peak of Pulau Ubin. Feeding mosquitoes on my way. &! Most importantly,we saw many many places having a board "COLD DRINKS SOLD HERE" Saw cans of coke,green tea,100plus etc! WHich was like so tempting pleaseeee!
THANKS A ZILLIONS for those who lent me a hand during trekking. (: Am grateful. I think OBS camp will also make one go crazy ah. HAHA! Suddenly can walk very fast,kayaked very fast.
Upon reaching soon,we had a short break. I slept then. Ohhh,how lovely. Continuing the journey,I walked with my eyes closed. (like sleep-walking huh) until I banged onto Matthern. Alamak,I didnt know you guys stopped. :/
Blisters were on my ankle & back of my feet. Both legs. On the left,it was really really eerrrrk! The excruciating pain. The skin came off,bleeding. Endured throughout the journey. How brave am I. (LOL!!!) Finally,reached campsite. Limping away. Wanting to scream. Going round to ask for plasters. Eeeeewwwww!
I only knew my skin came off until when I reached home. & how disgusting it was. The acute pain.
Dinner that night was much much better. With beans,veggies,luncheon meat,orange juice,tom yam soup. & a rumour was spread ... ... ...
The rumour all began with Amir. He said something like love at first sight.
The rumour all began with Amir. He said something like love at first sight.
& blabber :
'He was there when you were down,
he saved you when your capsized,
till death do you two apart,
and your experienced life & death together.'
Kao! Is this some kind of love story or love drama Im watching?
Okok,rumours in camp & just let it be. (; Afterall,my group was a very GREAT one with funny interesting people! :D
Day 5
Overslept. Someone claimed to be 5.30am already when it was only 2.15 am. ROARS. Woke up only @ 5.40am. XO! Meeting time was 6am!
The story told by one of the instructors before we left Pulau Ubin. It speaks out most of people's heart.
It goes sth like :
I never ever want to see any campsites,kayaks.
I miss my computers,handphones,comfy bed,family.
I miss MacDonalds,KFC.
I don't remember precisely how it goes. But one thing I know,it really speaks out my heart. HAHA! I don't want to see anymore campsites. BINGO!
I spent my FIVE DAYS drinking tap water.
I spent my FIVE DAYS drinking tap water.
FINALLY HOME SWEET HOME! :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home